August 21, 2012

Welcome Home


I would have walked right past this ugly piece of furniture but the owner insisted he would make me a deal so I took it.  I knew I couldn't make it look any worse!  
I had an old burlap sack so I decided to make a cover for a bench, I changed the hardware, added another hook and wood embellishment.  I also decided to put a chalk board in the empty hole that I assume was a mirror at one time. Yes I changed the turquoise to white and added a little antiquing glaze.

Before

After









little clip to hold the chalk 




Linking to:


shabby creek cottageFurniture Feature Fridays

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on a nice job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is such a great re-do. would love for you to share it at our 1st link party!

    http://jedandivy.blogspot.com/2012/08/its-aloha-friday-1st-weekly-link-party.html

    love your blog!

    ReplyDelete