July 9, 2012

French Armoire

I bought this big armoire from a friend and she had started painting it (months ago) a dark grey so I continued to paint it the same color.  I dry brushed it with Behr (stonewashed) and used (antique tin) for the dark grey underneath.  I added a damask stencil to the front squares and put wall paper on the inside to add some character and give it some sophistication. 

Before


After
(It took all I had to shove this behemoth out of the garage so I could take a picture)























Linking to:

The 36th AVENUEvif187

3 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Nice blog. I would really like to find an armoire like the one you have shown.The armoires with the lozenge panel designs are my favourite. Thanks for putting up so many good pictures. I have not been able to see one up close before.
    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spectacular! Love it, and your good friend, for selling it to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    I'm visiting from feathered nest friday and I'm so glad to have found your beautiful blog.
    you turned your armoire into a rreal masterpiece. bravo!
    love the color and the damask stencil decor.
    superb.
    rita

    ReplyDelete