March 23, 2012

Bin Table Before and After


I got this great bin table (bread table) from a friend and boy,o boy it was in rough shape.  I used it as a storage table in my garage for about a month before I worked up the courage to tackle this project.  The major issue was the old linoleum glued to the top the metal trim was not so bad to get off but chipping away at the linoleum was kinda of a nightmare.  Well once I got it all off and sanded it down a bit the wood was nice in a rustic sort of way and with some stain and varnish it came out really nice.  I mixed my own blueish paint color for the bottom and then sanded it right back off for the distressed farm table look.  

Before


After


Linking to:
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Turned out great Emily. Talk about seeing the needle in the haystack!

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one gorgeous piece! That top is to die for! I have never had to remove linoleum yet, I'm sure it wasn't easy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad you got to it.. i looked at it for almost 6 months!! you did an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the "new" top looks superb! I would love to have this table sitting in my home. :) Lots of character!

    ReplyDelete