January 18, 2012

Birdcage Lamp

I love interesting and unique lamps so when I came across this lamp base I immediately started searching for a unique lamp shade for it.  The lamp base was more brass colored and I used some teal rub-n-buff to age and distress it.  The bird  cage I found already looked old and I thought they were a match made in bird lamp heaven.  I added some wood stained vellum to filter the light from the bulb.  After I took pictures I had an after thought and added a bird nest with speckled eggs (pic coming soon)

Linking to:



vif187

3 comments:

  1. What a FANTASTIC idea to make a lamp from a bird cage!!!!! Love it, Emily! Thanks so much for sharing at the Kiss & Tell party over at my place <3 I'm featuring this on my Facebook page ASAP:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Igottacreate/100573240032625?sk=wall

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool! I love unique lighting.

    ReplyDelete