November 2, 2011

Salvaged Headboard

I was rummaging through an over grown field of an abandoned house and I got a glimpse of this old scrolled piece of wood that turned out to be a headboard.  It was luckily under the protective cover of dilapidated shack so the wood was still ok and not water damaged.  As I go over to dig it out Im stepping on an old circular piece of plywood and it almost breaks!  It seems to be covering as I later find out, an old abandoned well...Yes I almost ended up on the evening news as the crazy woman trapped in a well, while trying to salvage an old headboard!  O what I won't do for a cheap piece of furniture.   




Here is the headboard in question (its a king size too)

And after with the help of some wood glue and paint.






3 comments:

  1. Wow!! I love junk, especially free junk...but please be careful!! I've never seen a headboard like that before...I love the finish you gave it...very fun! Take care of yourself...you never know what (or who) might be lurking around an abandoned house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks fabulous! What paint brand and color(s) did you use on this headboard?

    Please be careful when you're out and about scouting for goodies!

    ReplyDelete